Ceratec at a glance
Annual turnover € 141 million
- 100% family business spread over 3 generations
Active in 27 countries in 5 continents
More than 30 years of experience
More than 20 000 m² of modern workshops
- 5 specialised engineering offices (clay products - handling - logistics and shuttles - automation - electrical engineering), each with their own multidisciplinary team
- Proprietary metalworking facilities (sawing, panel processing and folding, milling, turning, welding)
- Proprietary electricity control panel workshop
- 3 assembly and finishing zones with a total surface area of 20 000 m²
- Our own transport and on-site installation services
- 2 warehouses with space for 18 900 article numbers in stock
Our business philosophy
Feel the enormous power of Ceratec. We are a dynamic family business, energised by our 637 enthusiastic employees. Our specialists enjoy sharing their passion for technology, quality and innovation. Together, we are one team committed to ensuring that our customers are satisfied and that our growth is sustainable. That means trusting employees to work independently on challenging projects and giving them the confidence and job security they deserve. After all, they are our strength, our power source.
"Our people are our main priority, our second priority and our third priority. Ceratec might be a technology company, but only because of the commitment of the people we have on board.”
Philip De Bruyn, CEO
Ceratec originated in the engineering department of Ploegsteert, a brickyard group founded in 1927 by Remi De Bruyn, head of the family.
In the early 1980s, the brickyard group started constructing machines. This was partly to ensure the continuity of the brickyards in all circumstances and partly so that only the best materials could be used. The machine construction department became independent in 1986 and the Ceratec company was born.
Owing to the increasing diversification of our activities (our know-how is increasingly used outside of the clay processing sector) and the rise of electronics and IT, the automation and electrical engineering divisions became very important.
In 1991, this led to the creation of Ceratec Electrotechnics. We quickly openen branches in [Doornik] (1995) and [Olsene] (2004). In 2011, we opened our branch in [Northern France]. In 2016, the French company Cleia then joined the group.